TESOLTEACHING ENGLISH TO SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES
Advantage & Advantage +
JOIN US AT WORLD HEADQUARTERS!
SOLD OUT! JULY 12-17, 2021
GET OUT OF THE BOX
2 CERTIFICATE OPTIONS
60 hrs in class instruction
Above plus 40 hrs self-directed study
THE TESOL ADVANTAGE
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages OPENS DOORS no matter the community.
PRIMARY & SECONDARY
On every continent, including North America, there are primary and secondary students in process of learning English as a second, or foreign language. Not every community has this opportunity yet. Maybe one of your students will be the first to teach English where it’s never been taught!
BUSINESS MEN & WOMEN
IMMIGRANTS & REFUGEES
60-HOUR IN-CLASS COURSE
A 6-day intensive 60-hour course designed to introduce and jump start your TESOL goals with instruction and a practicum given by experienced instructors. This option is great for those wanting to teach English to speakers of other languages as a tutor or group instructor. During this course you’ll be exposed to teaching techniques that work, get a chance to put practical teaching theory into practice, and network with a small group of participants who have similar goals. Below are topics covered in the 60-hour course. Elements from most will cover both adult and children’s instruction.
TEACHERS & LEARNERS
How to focus on learner outcomes, not just teaching plans.
TEACHING A NEW LANGUAGE
Manage classroom time effectively with good planning and sourcing.
BUILDING LESSON MATERIALS
GAMES & ACTIVITIES
EVALUATION & TESTING
Assessment is an important part of the teaching process. You can do it!
TESOL ADVANTAGE +
40-HOUR SELF-DIRECTED STUDY
For just a little extra expense and effort, participants can qualify for the 100-hour self-directed study certificate. In addition to the Advantage level, Advantage + offers a self-directed grammar refresher that will serve as a great resource for those planning to work or tutor in higher education or business setting. Additionally, many paid jobs overseas require a 100-hour certificate which includes at least 60 hours of classroom instruction. We do not offer an online course as most reputable employers overseas would not accept a purely online certificate.
- Cross-Cultural Considerations
- The Role of the Teacher
- Making the Most of Different Learning Styles
- Applying Communicative Teaching Theory
- Working with the Constructivist Learning Theory
- Fundamentals of Language Acquisition
- Creating Engaging and Educational Lesson Activities
- Lesson and Unit Planning Practicum Analysis of ESL Case Studies
- Incorporating ESL Theories and Concepts
- Grammatical Structures
- Common Grammatical Errors and
- The Twelve Verb Tenses of English
- Creative Grammar
- Activities to Stimulate
- Teaching Adverbs, Quantifiers,
- Gerunds, and Infinitives
- Assessment of Grammar Lessons and Materials
- Successful Completion of Teach2Go’s Online Assessment
Instructor / Primary
MA, Teaching English as an International Language, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Instructor / Pre-School & Overseas
BS, Christian Education, TESOL Certified Teacher/Trainer
With over 7 years of experience living abroad, 5 of which was spent teaching English in Asia, Angi rounds out the teaching team. Full of practical tips, stories, resources and strategies for success, her sessions will help you better prepare for life outside of North America.
ADVANTAGETESOL ADVANTAGE 60-HOUR
- 60-hour certificate awarded upon successful completion.
- 6 days intensive in-person course @ 10 hrs/day
- Peer teaching practicum on day 6 (create and teach a lesson)
- Transcript available upon request
ADVANTAGE +TESOL ADVANTAGE 100-HOUR
- Advantage 60-hour in-person course
- 40-hour self-directed study
- 100-hour certificate awarded upon successful completion
- Teaching Review and Grammar Refresher
- 90 days to complete 8 modules online