Associates in Missions (AIM) is the entry-level associate program. AIMers may then advance to the Associate Missionary Program (AMP) if they desire a longer overseas commitment.
ARE YOU READY?
- Have you been dreaming of becoming a missionary?
- Do you have the experience of an AYC trip or a “Next Steps Program” assignment?
- Are you a seasoned minister or saint looking for a way to expand your ministry to include people from other nations?
- Do you have talents to share with any field in need of your area of expertise?
- Have you seen something in our Go! Center that caught your eye?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then there is a good chance you’re ready to plunge into a minimum two-month assignment as an Associate In Missions.
- Recent Photo
- $100 Processing Fee
- Signed Insurance Waiver
- Pastor’s name and email address
- 1 Reference name and email address
One - Gather needed docs
Click each link in the section below to download/print each corresponding form. You’ll also need a recent photo of yourself if you’re single or a couple photo if you’re married.
TWO - CONFIDENTIAL PASTORAL RECOMMENDATION
Set aside the Confidential Pastoral Recommendation form to give to your pastor. Prepare an addressed, stamped envelope for his/her convenience to return to Global Missions. (See address in step SEVEN.)
THREE - INSURANCE LIABILITY WAIVER
Sign the Insurance Liability Waiver and get someone to witness it for you (sign). Include this with your AIM Application for mailing.
FIVE - MAKE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS
We strongly suggest having a copy/snapshot of your application and all supporting documents for your personal records.
SIX - APPLICATION FEE
Please include your application fee (check/money order) with your application. Make it out to “Global Missions.” If you prefer to pay by credit card, following is a link to our online application fee page (coming soon by 5/29). Please note, there is a 3% processing fee added for a total of $103.
SEVEN - MAILING ADDRESS
Please mail all documents to:
36 Research Park Ct
Weldon Spring MO 63304
- Insurance Liability Waiver (witness signature)
- $100 App Fee – Check/Money Order made payable to Global Missions
*If you pay it online, please make a note on the application.
- Confidential Pastoral Recommendation is to be filled out by the pastor and sent by him/her to the document address above.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Once we receive your application, insurance waiver, and processing fee, we will hold everything in a packet until we receive the Pastoral Confidential Recommendation.
Once we receive all parts of your application, your information will be checked, references contacted, missionaries and regional directors contacted as well to secure letters of invitation. This can take several weeks. Please don’t hesitate to check with us if it seems like it’s taking a long time.
Once the initial approval is given, we will forward a working budget to you so you may begin raising funds.
Decide to purchase international insurance or country-specific insurance upon arrival (if available to foreign residents).
Once you have your funds in place (we typically like AIMers to have roundtrip airfare and the bulk of funds in their account before departure), call or email to give us a departure date. By this time you will have been corresponding with your supervising missionary.
For further detail, please refer to the Associates Guidebook.